POSITION VACANT: Administration, Communications and Events Assistant
The Australian Environmental Grantmakers Network (AEGN) is seeking an experienced and dynamic administration, communications and events assistant for a part-time position based in our Sydney office.
Established in 2008, the AEGN is a membership organisation of over 120 foundations and individual philanthropists who fund environmental solutions through grants and, increasingly, environmental impact investing.
AEGN’s role is to help our members to increase their skills and become more effective donors. AEGN itself does not give grants, distribute funds on behalf of its members or accept funding applications from NGOs. Rather, AEGN acts as a facilitator and convenor – enabling members to keep up to date with fast moving environmental issues, to connect with experts and with each other, to hear about solutions from the environmental sector, and to co-fund and collaborate.
THE SYDNEY OFFICE
In July 2015, the AEGN opened a Sydney office where we have three staff members: NSW Manager, Communications Manager and Administration, Communications and Events Assistant.
This important role covers three areas that are foundational to AEGN’s success:
- Ensuring that AEGN’s Sydney office is well functioning and that those who work there are supported in relation to systems, processes, IT liaison and co-ordination with our Melbourne office.
- Providing support to the communications team.
- In liaison with AEGN’s Events Manager, coordinate member events in Sydney.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and supporting the day to day needs of staff and the business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and tight time frames.
- Strong written communication skills, including proofreading and editing.
- A high level of expertise in relation to database management and other digitial tools such as WordPress, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Zoom or Skype, webinar systems, graphic design tools such as Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience in events coordination with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment will be highly regarded.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a friendly and flexible nature.
- A passion and commitment to promoting a sustainable environment.
- This position reports to the NSW Manager, AEGN.
- This position is three days a week.
- The salary is $50,000 to $60,000 full time equivalent plus superannuation.
- Please send applications to Lou O’Halloran (NSW Manager, AEGN): firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com.
- Please include a CV and a cover letter addressing the attached Selection Criteria and the Role Description. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Applications close: 5pm Monday 16 October 2017.
- If you require further information, please contact Lou O’Halloran on 0412 924 014.