This step-by-step guide can help you or your foundation focus your intentions and give you the tools to develop a program of environmental giving.
You can dip in and out of the guide depending on where you are with your funding. Use this guide in conjunction with the background information on nine environmental themes, and stories that illustrate real-life examples of environmental funding.
The grantmaking guide lays out ten questions to help guide you in your environmental giving:
- Are you ready to be a planned giver?
- What is your vision, mission, values and operating principles?
- What is your passion, skills and expertise?
- What region, issues and people do you want to focus on?
- What’s the problem and what are the solutions?
- What approaches are needed to catalyse the solutions?
- What are the types of funding you might give?
- Who will you fund?
- How are you going to administer your funding
- Get funding!
Use the Giving Green Worksheet (PDF 123kb) to help guide you through the steps. You can work through the guide on the website or download the full guide: Giving Green: A Guide to Environmental Grantmaking (PDF 1.7MB).
Download an overview of the Giving Green program: Giving Green: An Introduction to Environmental Grantmaking (PDF 2.5MB). For hard copies of our guides, email firstname.lastname@example.org.